Data Privacy Statement
Detego GmbH & Co. KG operates the websites „http://detego.eu“, „http://management-feedback-360-grad.de/“ and „http://leadership-in-change.de/“ itself, or has these portals run by a co-operation partner. The protection of your personal data when using these websites (hereinafter referred to as “Detego websites”) is taken very seriously. Below you will be informed about the collecting, processing and use of your personal data when you visit the Detego websites and use the services offered there.
1. Personal data
(1) Personal data includes those individual details relating to a person or which are likely to relate to a person, such as the name, postal address, a telephone number, an email address, the bank details etc. Thus, the identity of a person can be deducted by personal data.
(2) The service provider pursuant to § 13 TMG (German Telemedia Act) and the institution responsible under § 3(7) BDSG (Federal Data Protection Act) is Detego GmbH & Co. KG, cf. our Legal notice.
2. Rights to information and revocation
(1) ) You are entitled at all times to request information from us about any personal data we have stored about you, as well as its origin, the recipients or categories of recipients to which such data is passed on, and the purpose of storing the data.
(2) If you have granted consent to the use of data, you may revoke it at any time.
(3) Please direct any requests for information, enquiries regarding information or oppositions to the processing of data by email to email@example.com or to the address specified under §. 1(2).
3. Storing access data
(1) Every time that our website is accessed, access data is stored in a log file on the server of our provider.
(2) This data set consists of your IP address, the date and time of the request, name of the file requested, file name from which the file was requested, quantity of data transmitted and the access status, a description of the web browser and operating system used and the name of your Internet Service Provider.
(3) This data is collected for technical reasons. Any evaluation of it is only performed for statistical purposes, and without any reference to a specific person.
4. Collecting of personal data in the case of our website being used for informational purposes
(1) When the website is merely used to obtain information, i.e. if you do not log in, register or transmit information to us in any other way, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data that your browser transmits in order to enable you to view the website. These are:
– Your IP adress
– The date and time of the request
– Any time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– The content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– The respective quantity of data transmitted
– The website from which the request comes
– Your browser
– Your operating system and its user interface
– The language and version of the browser software.
(2) Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk, allocated to the browser used by you, and through which the entity which sets the cookie (i.e. in this case us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot execute any programmes or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making the content offered on our website more user-friendly and effective overall.
– Transient cookies (temporary use)
– Persistent cookies (used for a limited period of time)
– Third party cookies (of third party suppliers)
– Flash cookies (permanent use)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. The latter in particular include session cookies. These store a session ID, with which various different requests of your browser can be allocated to the common session. That means that your computer can be recognised if you return to the website. Session cookies are automatically deleted when you log out or when you close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary, depending on the cookie. You are able to delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You are able to configure your browser settings in line with your needs, and, for example, refuse to accept third party cookies or any cookies. We would, however, like to point out, that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but through your Flash plug-in.15 These store the necessary data, independently of the browser that you use, and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish any Flash cookies to be processed, you need to install a corresponding add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or “Adobe Flash Cookie Killer” for Google Chrome.
5. Use of functions on our website
(1) Besides the purely informational use of our website, we provide various services which you may use if interested. For that purpose, you usually have to enter further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If it is possible to provide further voluntary details, these are marked accordingly.
(2) When you make contact with the service provider by email or via the contact form, your email address and, if you specify it, your name and telephone number, are stored by us in order to answer your questions.
6. Using the blog functions
(1) You may submit public comments in our blog, where we publish various posts and articles on relevant topics. If you submit a comment, it is published with the corresponding post or article, and, in the process, the user name (or alias) given by you is shown. Providing your website is voluntary. If you submit a comment, we store your email address and IP address internally, although the latter is automatically deleted as soon as we have noted your contribution. This is based on the fact that in certain circumstances, we can be made liable for the publication of illegitimate content. The comments are checked by us prior to publication. Only if illegitimate content is contained in them we reserve the right not to publish such content.
7. The use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, i.e. text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information on your use of this website generated by the cookie is usually transferred to a server of Google in the USA and saved there. In the event of the IP anonymisation being activated on this website, your IP address will, however, first be truncated by Google within Member States of the European Union or in any other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is transferred to a server of Google in the USA, and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on the website activities, and provide the website operator with further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not merged with any other data of Google.
(3) You may prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser accordingly. We would, however, like to point out to you that, in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website in their entirety.
(4) You may, moreover, prevent the data generated by the cookie which relates to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being recorded by Google, as well as the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. It processes IP addresses further in truncated form, making it impossible to trace the IP address back to you.
(6) Google Analytics is used in conformity with the prerequisites which the German data protection authorities have agreed with Google. Information of the third party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Terms and conditions of use: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data privacy overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, as well as the Data: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
8. Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Google+, Flattr, Pinterest. In that respect, we use the two-click solution. That means that if you visit our site essentially no personal data will be passed on to the provider of such plug-ins initially. You are able to recognise the provider of the plug-in via the marking on the greyed-out box, from the initial letter. Only if you click on one of the plug-ins data, which can be traced back to you will be transmitted: Through the plug-in being activated data is automatically transmitted to the respective provider of the plug-in, and stored there (in the case of American providers, in the USA). We have no influence on the data collected and the data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, its purposes or the storage periods. Since the provider of the plug-in in particular collects data via cookies, we recommend you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings prior to clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) If you activate a plug-in, the provider of the plug-in obtains the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 4 of this statement is transmitted, whereby in the case of Facebook and Xing only an anonymised IP address is recorded in Germany according to the details given by the respective providers. This is done irrespectively of whether you have an account with said provider of the plug-in and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the provider of the plug-in, this data will be directly allocated to your account. If you press the activated button and link to the page, for example, the provider of the plug-in also stores this information in our user account, and publicly shares it with your contacts. If you do not wish such information to be allocated to your profile with the provider of the plug-in, you need to log out before activating the button.
(3) The provider of the plug-in stores such data as a usage profile, and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or for designing its website in line with the needs of its users. Such an evaluation is in particular performed (also for users who are not logged in) to display advertising in line with the user’s requirements and in order to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such a user profile, although, in order to exercise it, you need to contact the respective provider of the plug-in.
(4) You are able to obtain further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the provider of the plug-in please refer to the below notified data privacy statements of these providers. There you will also obtain further information on your respective rights and settings options to protect your privacy.
a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; Further information on the gathering of data: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084.
b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
e) Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA; https://about.pinterest.com/en/terms-service.
f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
g) Flattr Network Ltd. mit Sitz in 2nd Floor, White bear yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Großbritannien; https://flattr.com/privacy.
9. Note on lack of confidentiality with Internet communication
Please note that, when communicating via the Internet (e.g. by email), no complete confidentiality or data security is guaranteed. We therefore recommend sending confidential information by ordinary mail.
10. Note on the right to be provided with information
Upon request you are entitled to receive free of charge, information concerning what data is saved about you and for what purpose it is being saved. In addition, you are entitled to have incorrect data corrected, as well as your data blocked or deleted, if the storage is illegitimate or no longer required.